- This event has passed.
NEW COURSE: Questions of Diversity & Race in Rudolf Steiner’s Spiritual Science
January 11, 2023 @ 11:00 am - March 1, 2023 @ 12:30 pm$55
Weekly on Wednesdays | January 11-March 1 | 11:00-12:30pm ET | 1.2 CEUs | $55 per participant
Rudolf Steiner’s work is complex in its depth and breadth, and its sheer volume. Critiquing his work is challenging. There are contradictions around equality, individuality, and racial hierarchy. Approaching these contradictions—not with an eye to condemn, nor with an eye to defend—can lead to a deeper appreciation for spiritual science, for our relationship to the Earth, and to each other. This course with Cory Eichmann will guide participants through the major controversies surrounding anthroposophy through a series of fundamental questions. This course is essential for anyone who finds themselves faced with deep, societal questions and who feels responsible for how their work in anthroposophical organizations meets and serves the world.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Steiner’s life and writings within their historical context
- Discuss controversial issues in a respectful and nuanced manner
- Articulate their own questions on diversity and race within anthroposophy
- Understand concepts of narrative, knowledge, culture, colonialism, and evolution in their professional anthroposophical contexts
- Acquire basic tools to navigate questions around diversity and race in their professional anthroposophical contexts